Saturday, October 20, 2007

enso video!

So, in the relatively long interval since my last post, I've bounced up to Maine and taken the opportunity to get some serious recording done; hence the lack of prose appearing recently. Soon, however, my attention will return to the blog, so just sit tight.

In the meantime, check out this sweetness! Mary Anthony, matriarch of New York modern dance, agreed to choreograph a piece to Enso. My sister Katy, filmmaker Chris Scarafile and myself all met her a few weekends ago in her Manhattan studio to film, and this video is an early result of that work. Mary is now 92 years young, still teaching full time, and still as strong and beautiful as ever! It was an extraordinary blessing to work with such an illustrious figure, and I'm very excited about the product. The quality of the web version is necessarily god-awful, but it gives you a sense of things. The real deal will be premiered at the Cornelia Street Cafe in Manhattan at 6pm on Tuesday, Nov. 27, so if you're in the area, be sure to drop by; it's a great chance to see a truly great figure in modern art do her thing.

You can see the online version here.

1 comment:

Rice said...

Yo, so I failed to check facebook for . . . hmm . . . 2 months and in the process missed the opening of this blog. Anyway, I'm all caught up now and am just reminding you that my couch and shower in ATL is available at anytime. Plus, you'll have to give me details about your recording endeavors. I'm excited to see what this produces in the end!