just uploaded another new song. this one really came out of nowhere and came together very fast. it's short and pretty self-explanatory, so I won't talk a lot about it here, but it's called paper vs. plastic. it features a somewhat new style of recording / approach to using noise, and I hope to continue moving in this direction in future pieces. I'm already going back to the last song I wrote before this and trying to fiddle with the noise aspects of it to bring them closer to this sort of sound.
check it out here and lemme know what you think!
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hawkins this song is amazing. I love it. If this is a direction you're interested in going, there is a band you must MUST listen to, called Books. It's percussive, found-sound-happy electro, and this song reminded me of their stuff quite a bit. If you don't find it on your own, Steven and I will give you some when we see you next--maybe in a few weeks? Where will you be then? We're trying to plan a drive back to Pton but we don't yet know when we need to be there. Tell me all your plans!
Post a Comment